Tuesday 8 May 2012

Glossy Box; April 2012

This months box was all about natural beauty, and natural, organic products. Even the box was 100% biodegradable!
So here's what i got....


- Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum
- Inika Cosmetics Lip Liner
- Monu Professional Skincare Rosewood reviving Mist
- Figs & Rouge Lip Balm
- Philip B Styling Gel

Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum
'Newly-Launched ultra-concentrated serum is extremely natural and plant-based, ensuring your skin never lacks moisture. The deluxe size is also exclusive to GlossyBox.'
I've seen so many good reviews of Caudalie products, so I'm very pleased to finally get to try it. I've only tested this on the back of my hand so far, but the product feels amazing, its light and non-sticky/greasy, but so moisturising. The sample size is 10ml, but the packaging is much much larger, this was so we could get the proper application nozzle. I really look forward to using this, as my skin has really suffered since breaking my leg. So once i get everything back on track, i think my skin will be glad of the moisture boost and a little bit of a pamper.
Full Size £29.00/30ml


Inika Cosmetics Certified Organic Lip Liner
'A blend of cold pressed plant waxes, oils and natural pigments provides outstanding colour performance.'
I'm loving the Inika products, this lip liner, which i got in 04 Nude Delight, goes perfectly with the 'Lip Whip' I got in SSB. The lip liner is so creamy and blends beautifully. its got a gorgeous shimmer to it, and will be perfect for summer!


Monu Professional Skincare, Rosewood Reviving Mist
'Refreshing and uplifting mist containing natural essential oils, including Lemon, Rosewood, Clove and Clary Sage.' 
On the bottle it says 'This energising mist will hydrate, revitalise and gently perfume the skin.' and it does exactly that, I've used it a couple of times and my skin really has felt refreshed after a quick spritz. It smells absolutely gorgeous aswell, it reminds me of something but i cant think what, possible Dermalogica products. Not only can you use this to refresh your face, you can use it to 'lightly fragrance the body' and also set make up. Such a great multiuse product, and not something i would have purchased, but i love it.
Full Size £11.95/100ml


Figs & Rouge Lip Balm
'100% Pure, 100% Natural & 100% Organic multipurpose balm. Excellent for soothing & naturally hydrating dry lips & skin!'
I already love Figs & Rouge after getting it in an LIB box. In GB i got the flavour Peppermint & Tea Tree, i haven't opened it yet, as i cant decide whether to swap it with a different flavour, i had a cheeky look in the box i got for my mums birthday and she got the rose one, and i know there was also a cherry one available. So i shall keep the packet intact until i know what to do. (I also have another box waiting for me at uni, which is yet to be opened) so i cant really tell you much about that scent, but its such a versatile product, it so hydrating and lasts for ages, i used my other one on my nose while i had a cold, where it got sore and chapped, the balm really helped ease that. The tins are so cute aswell, when i had it at work everyone commented on my 'fancy lipbalm'
Full Size £3.29/8ml


Philip B Styling Gel
'Philip B Styling Gel is a multi-purpose, supple, soft-hold gel that adds volume and texture, and gives definition and control to all hair types.'
I'm not really sure what I'm meant to do with this, hair gel has always to me seemed like a product for boys. Its only a small sample (15ml) so perhaps I'll give it a try and see what i can come up with. The product doesn't feel sticky like some gels can. It contains seaweed extract including Irish Moss and Aonori, it also has vitamin B5 in it. It has a real 'hairdresser' kind of smell to it aswell.
I don't really style my hair that often i just tend to leave it. But we'll see, i might use, i may end up swapping it or passing it on to someone else.
Full Size £13.00/178ml

I really loved the products, hence why i ordered 2 extra boxes! The box is such a great value with 3 full size products in totalling £26.99 just for the full size items! The price of things never really bothers me, its more whether i like the product or its well suited etc. Like i said in my other reviews i like being introduced to brands and products that i wouldn't necessarily would have looked at/purchased.
So another great box from GlossyBox, and i cant wait till the next box, out at the end of the month, it will be their 1st Birthday Box, so fingers crossed another good one!

What did you think of the April Glossy Box?

Lots of Love

X

1 comment: